Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Born again

Back at it after nearly two years and it feels good. Today, I'm a much wiser, more articulate, and most importantly, more mature blogger with thicker skin...

My last post on the only one blog was met with a very well educated and well trained academic who found great success in college at critically dissecting arguments whenever and wherever presented. This feisty individual sunk her teeth into my post; criticizing my opinions, my modest attempt at photojournalism, and even my character. Her attack shocked me, shook me to the core, devastating me so much that I have been silenced from the blogosphere ever since.

This is a little melodramatic. The individual who I have vilified as a blood-seeking academic was my girlfriend. She just wanted to voice her opinion, that is what blogs and posting comments are all about right? Well sure. So I was really just being a big baby. I could dish it out but couldn't take it.

So I say to you today, bring on the attacks, bring on criticism, bring on your opposing views and hopefully some will be concurring opinions. This is the Equal Eye, an equal opportunity forum for political and societal discourse. I'll be criticizing and applauding policies, public officials, societal and global fads and trends, calling for resignations, and even pontificating on issues that I see important and encourage you to join in.

No comments: